You often hear about newcomers to the suburbs going “shul shopping” or “church shopping,” trying to find the right house of worship.
Jews who want to get a feel for eight Westchester rabbis now have a relatively easy way to do so!
The Rosenthal JCC in Pleasantville is beginning a 15-class “Introduction to Judaism” series this Tuesday (Jan. 13). It will cover all the Big Stuff — Torah, the sages, keeping kosher, holidays, lifecycle events, prayer, Kabbalah and more — and will be taught by the following rabbis:
- Rabbi Joshua Davidson of Temple Beth El
- Rabbi Steven Kane of Congregation Sons of Israel
- Rabbi Douglas Krantz of Congregation B’nai Yisrael
- Rabbi Seth Limmer of Congregation B’nai Yisrael
- Rabbi Geoffrey Mitelman of Temple Beth El
- Rabbi Jason Nevarez Temple Shaaray Tefila
- Rabbi Mark Sameth of Pleasantville Community Synagogue
- Rabbi Jeremy Winaker of Bet Torah
So come try ’em out. The whole series costs only 36 bucks.